Adoption Funds

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My word for 2011: Growth

I have always went over the top with New Year's resolutions.  I have approached them like some sort of do-it-yourself extreme personal makeover.  At the start of each new year I would think to myself:  I am going to eat healthier, exercise more, read my Bible everyday, be a more patient mother, and the list would go on and on.  And for a while I would, and then like most good intentions my resolutions would fizzle out and I would go back to my status quo.

So this year I have decided to do something different.  This year I have decided to pick a word to define my 2011.  The lens so to speak through which to view the next 365 days and all that they bring.  After some thought the natural choice for me was growth.  2011 was already going to be a year of growth for me because Lucia will be coming home this year, and my family will be growing.  And as I looked at other aspects of my life I realized that there were some other ways in which I am hoping to grow in 2011:


Financial Growth : My mobile home will be paid in full - no more monthly mortgage payment!!  (Yup, I am the queen of my single wide trailer -- I will be posting on that soon, and all that God has been working on in my heart through my anti-American dream home. ;)

Physical Growth: Well, in my case physical reduction. ;)  I am half way to my goal of losing 60 lbs.  So this year I want to keep going and reach my goal!

These are just some of the ways that I can see myself growing this year.  But the difference is this year even if some of these goals fall by the wayside, I can stay on track by simply looking for the opportunities I am presented for personal growth in 2011.  I am going to be on the lookout for ways to grow--in  my relationships, in my integrity, in my loving, in my giving, in my emotional well being.  Through the good, bad, mundane, surprising, and the ordinary I am going to focus on growth.

So, how about you?  What is your word for 2011?

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I am not sure what my word would be, maybe "organized". How old is Lucia?

    Catherine
    http://wronginalltherightways-travcat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine, She just turned 6 in December.

    ReplyDelete