Adoption Funds

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Where 2 or 3 are gathered together in My name, I am there

I L.O.V.E. meeting like minded people! 

Linny at A Place Called Simplicity is one of those people.  Someone whose heart seems to beat in tune with my own.  Someone who seems to get it, and not just get it in word, but in deed.  When I read about her family I think ~ "that is who I want to be like when I grow up." 

When I read statements like:

"He has blessed us so that we would bless others.  Our wealth is not to hoard - not a chance!!  It's to give away."


and

 "We are to live to please Him by taking care of orphans, caring for the widows, serving the poor, giving our things away, living to meet the needs of others not our own personal wants."

and

"Friends, God did not put us on this earth to indulge ourselves.  He put us here to love Him first and serve others. Period. To care for the orphan and widow. To minister to the poor. To live selflessly."

I get SO excited!  So excited that someone else has verbalized the truths that God has been speaking to my heart over the last three years.  Today Linny has asked those in the process of adopting to share their prayer needs as well as their fundraisers so that we can support one another.  I am so honored to hook into the power of unity that she is rallying by employing the Matthew 18: 19-20 principle!! 

This is my precious baby girl ~ Lucia Grace.  I am adopting from Mexico as a single mom.  Currently I am finishing up my dossier, and getting ready to send off my I-800A to USCIS.  I still need approximately $15,000 to complete my adoption and bring my sweet girl home.  I would appreciate your prayers for my paperwork to continue to go smoothly.  Please also pray for Lucia's health as she has been prone to upper respiratory infections and ear infections. 

I have 2 current fundraisers going on right now:


Thirty-One Gifts Fundraiser:  You can shop my on-line party anytime between now and Thursday, March the 24th!  My generous friend Jacqui is donating her commission so 20% of all sales will go toward Lucia's adoption!  Also, the March special is one of the company's best EVER ~ spend $31 in merchandise and get ANY purse 1/2 off!!

Sarah's Treasure Box Fundraiser:  My fundraiser runs from Thursday, March the 17th through Saturday, March the 19th.  I will earn $5 for each pendant purchase through Sarah's Etsy shop during this time.  (Gift card purchases and custom orders do NOT count toward my fundraiser)  When you place your order you MUST put in the notes it is for Lucy for the Morgan family.  If you forget you can message Sarah to let her know.  Sarah's pendants are SUPER affordable ($7.99 - $14) and SUPER cute!

Tax deductible donations can be made anytime through my Reece's Rainbow Family Grant Sponsorship page here.

I am so grateful to each person that has come alongside me in this adoption journey and given so generously of their time, their prayer covering, their encouragement, their monetary donations, and their love!  My prayer for you is that "...it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap." (Luke 6:38)

1 comment: