Adoption Funds

Thursday, July 7, 2011

So Glad for Another Year with Her


Today is my grandmother's birthday.  I am so glad to have another year with her.  I am trying to savor each moment, and not take any of them for granted.  My mother died when I was eleven.  I know the void that loosing someone important leaves.  My grandparents raised my brother, sister, and I after my mom passed away.  And so my grandma is so much more than a grandma to me.  She has been my constant, my rock, my steadfast.



She is the one that has cheered my successes and picked me up when I have fallen.  It was her bed that I slept in for three days in high school when I suffered my first break up.



She walked me down the aisle because it was what I wanted even though it defied convention.  And it was her extra bedroom that I stayed in when my marriage fell apart.



She has nursed me after I had my tonsils out at thirteen and my gallbladder out when I was twenty-three.  She has watched Lucas since he was a baby anytime I have needed her to, and has a special bond with my son.


She has been a supporter of my adoption plans from the very beginning.  I can not wait for my Lucia to meet her great-grandma.  <3 <3 <3 be.still.my.heart!

      
I love you grandma!  And appreciate all that you are in my life.  You are an amazing woman of grace and strength.  I admire and cherish you.
Love, Tracy

3 comments:

  1. Give your Grandma a squeeze from me, beautiful friend. So glad you have someone with such a beautiful heart cheering you on all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her, too, and I've never met her. Every word of your writing about her is filled with love and respect. She's a lovely woman!

    ReplyDelete