Adoption Funds

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More Waiting

Thank you so much for banding with me in prayer yesterday.  I believe that God heard our petition, and I believe He is in control. 

And yet, my report had several errors that have to be corrected.  So now I am back to waiting.    

I don't believe that this caught God by surprise, and although I was disappointed and frustrated I have total trust in Him.  He has loved my daughter every day of her life -- before I saw her picture, before she became the daughter of my heart, before I worried for her well-being.  He formed her in her birth mother's womb, and He knows the number of hairs on her head.  He loves her perfectly, and promises that He will use ALL things for her good.  And I am trusting in that, and leaning NOT to my own imperfect understanding. 

God whispered this passage from Habakkuk to me several times today.  Words to help guide me and comfort me right where I am in this moment.  I wanted to share it with you because maybe you might find yourself in a similar place.  I hope it encourages your heart the way it did mine, and helps you to praise the Lord in your valley so that He can take you to the mountaintop! 


"Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
      and there are no grapes on the vines;
   even though the olive crop fails,
      and the fields lie empty and barren;
   even though the flocks die in the fields,
      and the cattle barns are empty,
 18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
      I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
 19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
      He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
      able to tread upon the heights."  Habakkuk 3: 17-19

I would appreciate your on-going prayers for my adoption process and my baby girl while she waits.  <3

1 comment:

  1. Still praying, prayed yesterday and last night into the night... Love you Friend...

    ReplyDelete