Adoption Funds

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Putting My Heart in a Mailbox

Last Wednesday I FINALLY received the report I had been waiting on.  The final piece of paper that I needed in order to mail out my dossier documents to my agency.  And.it.was.correct!  Thank you so much for your prayers.  The very next day I Fed-exd my documents to my agency.  I did not expect it to be so hard to hand that packet over.  It had taken me three months to paste together those precious documents that will grant me the privilege of becoming momma to the daughter of my heart. 

Handing over my packet felt like putting my heart into a mailbox and walking away.  Needless to say, I was overjoyed Friday to hear that my worker received my paper heart and it was safe and sound. 

Now comes the hardest part--waiting!  I am NOT a patient person.  The agency gives a time frame of one to three months for documents to be translated and apostilled.  While I wait I will be focusing on fund raising.  I still need approximately $13,000 to complete my adoption.  $8,000 of that is a country fee that is due when Mexico approves my dossier and grants me my official referral of Lucia.  But I am confident that as I take each step forward toward my baby girl that God will provide what is needed.  Because that is what He has done. 

I covet your continued prayers for my adoption as well as for my Lucia while she waits. 

1 comment:

  1. I am praying with you...I am not a patient person either...let's hope your wait isn't as long as mine... :( Much, much love, Renee

    ReplyDelete